Wellbeing for staff
Wellbeing for staff
Supporting staff wellbeing at Eckington School
Wellbeing is all about our holistic health, including the physical and emotional. When we have good levels of wellbeing we feel that life is in balance and that we can generally cope well. We feel motivated and engaged, we’re resilient and able to deal effectively with daily troubles, as well as ’bounce back’ from life’s challenges.
As school staff juggle a multitude of different tasks and demands, it is important that everyone is given the right emotional and practical support so that they can, in turn, support our students.
In addition to having a positive impact on colleagues and children, staff wellbeing can improve performance and job satisfaction, which can lead to reduced staff turnover. Importantly, it will also help us to maintain healthy relationships at home.
What are we doing to support wellbeing at Eckington School
- A half termly staff questionnaire regarding wellbeing
- A bespoke email address email@example.com for staff to email with ideas or concerns.
- Staff training on wellbeing.
- Wellbeing staff notice board.
- Regular emails to staff regarding wellbeing
- Reduction in afterschool meetings
- A team of Wellbeing Staff Support Link staff who have received training to support other staff.
- A Wellbeing / Relaxation room in school
- Staff wellbeing Committee and Stadf Social Committee
- Staff afterschool drop in’s with Jim Taylor.
- Staff Coffee and Catch up sessions
- Staff Health and fitness before and afterschool
Supporting a member of staff with mental health difficulties
If you have concerns about yourself or a colleague, please keep talking. Either email the wellbeing address, speak to Rebecca Price, SLT link for wellbeing, Jim Taylor, one of our staff wellbeing links or any member of staff you feel comfortable with. The most important thing is that you keep talking.
If you feel unable to talk to someone in school, the Education Support Line on 08000 562561 day or night or Txt 07909 341229 (answered within 24 hours)
Useful Links for school staff