SPEAKERS for schools
We are pleased to announce the schedule for the Speakers for Schools-Virtual Talks programme for the week commencing 27th April. The complete schedule for students and/or parents is here. Students and parents can hear from today’s leading figures, such as:
- Monday 27th April, 10am: Richard Murrell, Lead Director, BBC News
Ever wondered what it takes to make news programmes? Richard Murrell will explore with students what a broadcaster does and what you might expect from the job role.
- Tuesday 28th April, 10am: Marco Bertozzi, Vice President for Europe, Spotify
Marco will be interviewed by Speakers for Schools (SFS) and answer questions submitted by students on topics ranging from creating your CV, getting your foot in the door for work experience or a job, developing your personal brand and practical tips on how to get started with preparing your social channels for career success.
- Thursday 30th April, 10am: Penguin Talks in Collaboration with SFS – How to boss your mood
Chloe Brotheridge (Clinical Hypnotherapist and author of The Anxiety Solution) and Sara Milne Rowe (Performance Coach, founder of Coaching Impact and author of The SHED Method)
Chloe and Sara will kick-off the Virtual Penguin Talks series by sharing their expertise and practical tips for managing anxiety and taking control of your mood during these uncertain times. Students will have the opportunity to ask questions and receive a free audiobook download of The Anxiety Solution and The SHED Method.
All talks will be livestreamed. No logins are required and all attendees can stream the talks without downloading additional software.
Links should be opened in a browser that is not Internet Explorer. Students can view by clicking WATCH TALK LIVE HERE and then clicking ‘Watch on web instead’ and sign in anonymously. The speakers will appear at the set times e.g. 10am and 2pm.
If you would like more information about how to access Virtual Talks, please see our Schools Guide. Below are details about the SFS activity sheet that can be completed by students.
Speakers for schools have designed an activity sheet for students to complete after the talk, if students wish to.
Colours for talks week commencing 27th April are:
- Monday 27th April 10am Richard Murrell, Lead Director, BBC News- Gold
- Monday 27th April 2pm James Taylor, Keynote Speaker & Creativity Expert- Silver
- Tuesday 28th April 10am, Marco Bertozzi, Vice President for Europe, Spotify- Pink
- Wednesday 29th April 10am Peter Rosengard, Life Insurance Salesman and Comedy Store Founder- Black
- Wednesday 29th April 2pm Zaki Cooper, Director of Philanthropy and Communications, Dorfman Family Office- White
- Thursday 30th April 10am, 10am Chloe Brotheridge, Author of the Anxiety Solution and Sara Milne, author of The SHED Method (Penguin Talks)- Maroon
- Thursday 30th April 2pm Dr Nira Chamberlain, President, IMA & Visiting Fellow, Loughborough University Mathematical Sciences Department- Turquoise
- Friday 1st May 10am, Jonty Bloom, Freelance Journalist- Navy