A Virtual Introduction
Don’t worry if you missed our Online Open Evening! All of the content is now available below!
A warm welcome from all of us here at Eckington School! Our staff have organised the films below to provide you with an insight into life at our school, the opportunities we offer and the successes our students enjoy.
Have a look around our school from the comfort of your own home!
This school film gives you a sense of the values that underpin all we do and of our ethos as an ambitious, caring and successful school.
Some of our lovely students have recorded a video for you, answering the questions below!
- How are lessons different at Eckington School to Primary?
- How are you looked after at Eckington School?
- What extracurricular activities can you get involved in?
- How did Eckington School help you with the transition to Eckington School?
- What do you enjoy the most about life at Eckington School?
We’re not able to invite you into our classrooms at the moment, so we’ve produced subject videos to give a flavour of the types of activities and topics you can expect to study in Year 7.
Modern Foreign Languages
We work closely with a range of primary schools in Years 5 and 6 within the area to ensure that we offer a quality transition programme from KS2 to KS3. Transition activities at Eckington School allow children to familiarise themselves with their new environment, make new friends, meet our staff and have many of their questions answered.
Take a look at the short clips below we created to answer common questions your child might have around moving up to secondary school. You can also have a look at our transition page on our website or flick through our Moving Up Guide below.
Why choose Eckington School?
- Inclusive and caring school.
- Support from Achieve and Engage teams.
- Dedicated teachers.
- Strong values and ethos.
- High standards of behaviour.
- Many students moving to university, apprenticeships and employment.
- Wide range of extracurricular activities.
You will need to apply for your child’s secondary school place by 31 October 2020.
You can apply on Derbyshire County Council’s website.
If you live in Sheffield you should have received a pack from Sheffield City Council
If you would like a discussion regarding your child and their transition to Eckington School. Please contact us on 01246 432849.